Virtualization & DataCenter Solution Architect
Florent Tastet is a Solution Architect with the objective of understanding customer’s IT and business environments, and using that knowledge to enhance the value derived from their current and future IT investments. Florent has been tasked with delivering long term strategic guidance to IT Executives, including enterprise level clients, on the Server/Virtualization technologies. As a Solution Architect, Florent holds a diverse set of skills; from technical depth, through strong organizational skills, and possesses a high degree of business acumen. Florent’s customer focus will help to build win-win relationships and successful client projects. He demonstrates excellent communication and presentation skills, and has the ability to establish, meet and manage deadlines.
Florent works collaboratively with our account executives, performing early planning or pre-sales engagements for our clients. He is a subject matter expert on emerging technologies in server virtualization; with proven core experience with infrastructure projects, storage, virtualization, networking, migrations and deployment. Florent will help our clients to rationalize and optimize their IT investments.
Florent is aligned with several teams at VMware and other partners, with product specializations in VMware product line, Citrix Xen product line, Microsoft Infrastructure product line, Network Infrastructure, and large physical to virtual migrations.
As a Solution Architect, Florent:
- Works with clients to understand and evaluate business issues, and provides high-level architectural solutions which are aligned to the clients business objectives
- Establishes, maintains and coordinates effective partner relationships to bring service solutions to clients
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and company products and services
- Maintains broad industry knowledge, strategic planning skills, financial management skills, and a thorough understanding of offerings, strategies and capabilities
- Is a strategic thinker with excellent attention to detail and can be both innovative and results oriented in his solution approach
- Led virtualization effort for standing up an out of region data center. Planned and coordinated enterprise level virtualization solution including disaster recovery, and data replication. Utilized VMware Site Recovery Manager as a DR tool and also a data center migration tool.
- Designed, and rolled out server virtualization project involving VMware ESX 3.5, over 1000 physical servers migrated. Developed business case, proof of concept, pilot and complete deployment
- Coordinated and led VMware upgrade from ESX 3.5 to vSphere 4, including vmtools and hardware upgrades for over 500 virtual machines.
- Designed and implemented a DMZ virtual presence, taking into account security, application, and network considerations.
- Developed and led several enterprise wide Microsoft OS server upgrades and improvements with a scope of more than 1000 servers.
- Technology focal for large enterprise Citrix Presentation planned and coordinated a major version upgrade.
- Performed several Virtualization Assessments in evaluating requirements.
- Participated in multiple private and public clouds design and architectures over the past 7 years
- Participated in numerous BYOD strategies with C-Level teams
- Montreal ETS
- Montreal UdeM, Law School (current)
- Herzing College
- Paul Gerin Lajoie High School
- VMware VCP3,4,5
- VMware VSP5, VTSP5
- Microsoft MCSE
- CheckPoint CCSA
- Citrix CCA XA, XD, XS
- HP ASC ASP
- EMC TA (on going)
- VCAP (on going)
- IT Services
- Financial, Retail
- 17yrs IT experience
- Datacenter Infrastructure
- DR strategy
- Server Virtualization
- Cloud technologies
- Cloud service offerings
- Cloud design and architectures
- Deployment Optimization: VMware/Citrix
- Virtualization Assessment & Planning – Server/Desktop
- VMware SRM
- Infrastructure Planning and Design
- Advanced Infrastructure Solutions
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestures
- Virtualization migration planning and deployment
- Marketing IT to market
- Presentation skills